Saturday 1 August 2015

FEMALE TEACHER ASSASSINATED AFTER VISITING SON IN SCHOOL



A female teacher has been assassinated in Nsukka in Enugu State while she was on her way home after visiting her undergraduate son in Nnamdi Azikwe University.
Princess Uzoamaka Onyishi(pictured) was a teacher with Urban Boys Secondary school, Nsukka, and last week she was cut down at her prime at age 40 by two unknown gunmen, who ambushed her about 200 metres to her house at Uwani-Ugwu in Nsuka metropolis.
The mother-of-five was said to have earlier visited her first son, Chidera Onyishi, a first year student at the Department of Political Science, at the University campus, and was returning home around 8.00pm in her blue-coloured Toyota Corolla, which she drove and had her younger cousin in it as the only passenger.
It was said that she slowed her car at a flooded spot close to her residence at Uwani-Ugwu when one of the two gunmen on motorcycle, who had been lurking around pulled out a gun and shot her in the head.
Princess was said to have died on the spot. Her widower, Sunday Onyishi, a popular transporter in Nsuka in an interview while lamenting the circumstances surrounding her death, said she would be sorely missed.
He said, “The whole thing still sound strange to me. I still could not believe that my wife was killed like a common thief. We have been married for the past 22 years and blessed with five children.
“I am a transporter. Nobody has ever complained to me that she had problem with her. I don’t know why she was killed. 
When my sister in- law rushed to me and broke the news of her death, I rushed shouting, neighbours joined me, we combed the entire place but could not see the killers. Then we invited the police to see what happened.
 I am not suspecting anybody but the killers of my wife will definitely be brought to book. We moved in into our own building five months ago.
 Her killers did not allow her enjoy the house she laboured for all these years of hardship. I want the police to unearth the surroundings of her killing by faceless two young men.”

No comments:

Post a Comment