Sunday 19 July 2015

Be Honest About Our Controversy - Dbanj tells Don Jazzy

Nigerian singer-songwriter and harmonica player, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, popularly known as D’banj, has revealed fully the truth behind the Mo’hits split.

Last week, we saw a snippet from an interview D’banj granted to Olisa Adibua on his chat show, ‘The Truth’. In the interview, D’banj talked about how he started his career, how he and Don Jazzy met, and what led to Mo’Hits Record’s break up, and the deal with American rapper, Kanye West.




On bonding with Don Jazzy, D’banj said:

We bonded before we left the UK because Jazzy fell out with his partnership with JJC. Because I was privileged to be his friend to know what had happened and what was happening back home.Rugged man had reached out to me once and told me the kind of money they were collecting,which when I converted it it was like 1,800 pounds or $2,000 per show and I was like whatt? The people raining in the industry were styl-plus,2face’s plantashun boys.

Before we even did anything, we listened to what they were playing in Nigeria.Jazzy was fond of that ..Oh boy this one don dey make money oh..(we listen)..We listened to music of everyone making money ..So when I found out he had major issues with JJC , I said “Oh boy,lets go back home”. So we came back, my parents were here.By then he had moved all his family over there.We came back in 2004 and moved straight into my mum’s boys quarter in Mary land.We got a first car,Toyota Privera from her ..We said we will pay her later .Bad car oh..and we paid her for it eventually.We got Tongolo,the first video and released it in November, just before Christmas and that was it…

On What caused the Mo-hits split and what made him decided to leave, D’banj said:

What made me? (a light banter)You guys have not spoken to Jazzy? Jazzy.tell them the truth mehn..Come and tell them these people the truth.. What broke Mohits..Hmmn Difference of opinion..First of all it wasn’t me.We had traveled and left Don Jazzy in New York with some of the management team because he had a production deal.We were trying to go global..I would love if you had the Truth from Jazzy too, it would have been better. I met Kanye west, but you all know I am a businessman.But there were two different deals. One he saw I was an artist,and he wanted to sign that artist.Then this artist said “I have a producer .We have the best thing coming from Africa…And he was sold.And then we flew to New York

No comments:

Post a Comment